Seed Meter Testing & Calibration
Planter Calibration Fowler MI
Finger Meter, Yield Monitor, Seed Meter Testing, and Planter Calibration
Think your planter can make it one more season without an inspection? You might be surprised how worn parts can impact your bottom line. Feldpausch Precision Services can test your planter meters to ensure you maximize your planter’s performance and your farm’s potential. Correct population, uniform spacing, and emergence can impact yield potential.
Some of the most commonly replaced meter wear parts, that can negatively impact your planter’s ability to deliver the correct population or uniform spacing, include knockout wheels, seed meter brushes, and vacuum meter seals. Correct population and spacing accuracy can ultimately impact your yield potential by up to 12 bu/acre.
Plant With Confidence
How do you know how well your meters are running? Poor singulation? Irregular spacing? Worn parts? Variable seed sizes? Seed coatings? Questions about optimum speed?
Meter calibration is the first step toward your answer and spacing perfection. Our technicians can fine-tune your meters to provide the maximum accuracy and return on your investment.
Here’s how we do it:
• Clean, replace worn parts, and properly calibrate your meter.
• Place your vacuum, finger, or positive air meter onto the MeterMax stand.
• Add the specific seed size and weight corn that you intend to plant.
• Set the test stand speed gauge to your planting speed.
• Count the meter errors using advanced sensor technology.
• Adjust your meter and retest until you’ve eliminated all meter errors.
• Print a receipt that shows your meter’s final performance.
SEED METER TESTING IN 4 EASY STEPS
1. Meter is mounted to the MeterMax test stand.
2. A sample of the seed you intend to plant is poured into the meter and the MeterMax stand is set to the population and your planting speed.
3. Advanced sensor technology counts any errors, then each seed meter is adjusted, cleaned, calibrated, and repaired to ensure it is running at peak performance.
4. A report is printed for each meter’s performance.
Why it Pays to Test Your Seed Meters
Primary Communities Served
Central Michigan | Fowler | Pewamo | Saint Johns | Westphalia | Ionia | Lake Odessa | Portland | Carson City | Eagle | Grand Ledge | Potterville | Charlotte | DeWitt | Ovid | Owosso | Laingsburg | Elsie | Perry | Haslett | Williamston | Eaton Rapids | Mason | Fowlerville | Corunna